Tuesday, November 22, 2011

NEW! Boing Boing Monkey T-shirt Designed by Amy Crehore



I'm so excited about this brand new Boing Boing t-shirt that I designed. It is available now in the Boing Boing Shop in Ash Grey, White and Natural. Mens and Womens sizes S, M, L, XL, and 2XL. 
  LINK TO BUY


Originally, I painted this particular monkey (wearing a plaid jacket & tiny derby, smoking a pipe) on a vintage banjo-uke and called it the "Squirm". It was part of my solo art show, "Dreamgirls and Ukes", which took place in Los Angeles in 2009. The monkey was perched on a lump of grass, floating in a cloudy sky. I also drew him in ink (sitting on a cloud) for the very first Cloudy Collection print set.
For this brand new Boing Boing Monkey t-shirt design, I created a special typeface and hand-lettered the words "Boing Boing". You may have seen my "monkey love" paintings featured on Boing Boing in the past. I want to thank everyone at Boing Boing for making this t-shirt happen! 
The Art of Amy Crehore

No comments: