Thursday, March 26, 2015

Remembering the Man in the Hat - Lloyd Fonvielle (1950-2015)

(Photo by Cotty Chubb)
Lloyd Fonvielle would have been celebrating his birthday this past weekend with the rest of his friends and family, but he passed away quietly at his typewriter in February.
What an old-fashioned gentleman he was.
He had a career as a screenwriter and lived in NYC and L.A.,
but he moved to Las Vegas about a decade ago to write stories.
While he was at it, he blogged the story of his life.
He blogged his favorite paintings, vintage illustration, pin-ups, and comics.
He ranted and raved about politics, photographed his travels and shared his musical tastes.
He wrote brand new western stories (available on kindle). He reviewed films.
We exchanged a lot of links from time to time. It was fun.
He never stopped being creative to the very end. He was very supportive of my art, posting just about every new painting I did. He also loved my Japanese friend Shiori Matsumoto's art.
I wish I could tell him that Shiori and I will be showing together in Tokyo this summer. He would have liked that.
Miss you Lloyd and thank you for your kindness.
I'm sorry that I never had the chance to meet you in person.
Here is Lloyd's wonderful blog:

No comments: